Last updated: May 05, 2021
The Big Community Takeaway understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared.
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this Social Media Page (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
Interpretation and Definitions
Definitions and interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
means The Big Community Takeaway Volunteer team.
- Information about Us
Our contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
- What does this policy cover?
- Your rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 13 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.]
- What data do we collect?
- Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Address if applicable (Delivery)
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code
- Other: food preferences
- How do we use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 6, below.Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. registration for a meal), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying Our services to you (please note that We may require your personal data in order to provide you with a meal)
- Personalising and tailoring Our services meals for you;
- Replying to emails or other social media message stream from you;
We will not, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):data will be securely kept until you inform us you wish us to delete it from our records.
- How and where do we store your data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.Your data may be stored in the UK or an appropriate secure data centre managed by Google. Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken reasonable measures to secure any data collected through Our Site.
- Do we share your data?
Subject to section 6, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes. In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Volunteer site changes hands?
- How can you control your data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.Your right to withhold InformationYou may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.How can you access your data?You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com. Alternatively, please refer to Our Data Protection Policy upon request.
- Contacting us