We’re here for those most in need
Our service is for those most in need so we have some rules about who we can help and how. This is because we’re a local group that relies on donations from individuals and organisations to do our work.
Please take a look at the qualification criteria and guidelines below before applying.
Our qualification criteria
1. People who are eligible for this programme
– Single households (individuals and/or elderly)
– Families with and without children
2. There must be an identifiable financial or medical need including:
a. Individual and family experiencing a high level of debt
b. Recent family bereavement
c. Severe mental or physical illness and/or disability
d. Recent job loss and/or change in circumstances which has caused financial problems
3. Families with children must have at least one child under 16 permanently living in the household
4. Be a resident in the following postcode areas: HP5, HP6, HP7, HP8
Please note that we will not provide meals to any other individual not registered with the programme e.g. visiting family members
5. Be home during specified delivery windows to receive food (5.30-7.30pm).
No redeliveries are possible and food will not be left on the step or given to a neighbour. If you’re not in, the food has to be returned to us and has to be thrown away, at an approx. cost of £5 per meal per person.
6. Individuals and families must consent to their details being added to the Big Community Takeaway database.
7. Consent for their details to be shared with other charitable groups in order to provide additional support if required
All hot meal orders must be received by Big Community Takeaway by Friday NOON each week in order to be added to the delivery schedule for the following week. (Dates fluctuate depending on catering location and we ask individuals and families to keep an eye on our website for any changes in dates).
If we can offer you support please make sure someone can answer the door to receive your Big Community Takeaway meal. If you’re not in on three occasions to receive your meal, then we will have to withdraw our service.
Sadly, as so many people are in crisis, we just can’t afford to let food to go to waste.